Gunner Stockton – Rabun c/o 2022
AUG 20, 2020 – COMMITTED to SOUTH CAROLINA! SPURS UP!
JAN 12, 2021 – RE-OPENS RECRUITMENT
JAN 28, 2021 – COMMITS TO UGA!
DEC 15, 2021 – SIGNS WITH UGA
Rabun County Wildcats QB #14
Class of 2022
5* Recruit (#1 QB in Class of 2022)
.996 247Sports Composite Rating
6’1 – 196 lbs
One of the most intelligible and top QBs we’ve ever seen, plays above his age and grade level, strong accurate arm, not afraid of contact (in fact, welcomes it), elusive in the pocket, elite internal clock, not afraid of small windows or the deep ball, has a will to win that is unmatched, ultimate team player, and perhaps the best trait of all, HUMBLE! -Brian Carter, BLITZ
CAREER STATS & RECORDS
|YR||PASS YDS||PASS TD||INT||COMP%||RUSH YDS||RUSH TD||YPC||TOTAL YDS||TOTAL TD|
- 2018: 11-2, #2 State Ranking, 8-AA Region Champions, 2A Quarterfinals
- 2019: 12-1, #1 State Ranking, 8-AA Region Champions, 2A Quarterfinals
- 2020: 12-2, #1 State Ranking, 8-AA Region Champions, 2A Semifinals
- 2021: 11-2, #1 State Ranking, 8-AA Region Champions, 2A Quarterfinals
TOTAL: 46-7 Record, 4 Region Titles, 4 10-win seasons, 1 perfect regular season, 4 Quarterfinal runs, 1 Semifinals run
STATE RECORD BOOK
Stockton graduated ranked:
- 1st in career passing TD (177)
- 1st in career all-purpose yards (18,024)
- 1st in career all-purpose TDs (254)
- 2nd in career passing yards (13,652)
- 2nd most passing TD in single season (55, 2021)
- Tied-4th most passing TD in a single game (6, 9 times [1 in 2018, 2 in 2019, 3 in 2020, 3 in 2021])
- 9th most passing yards in single season (4,134, 2021)
- 10th most passing TD in single season (45, 2020)
- 12th most passing TD in single season (43, 2019)
- 19th in career rushing TD (77)
- 26th most passing yards in single season (3,473, 2019)
- 41st most passing TD in single season (34, 2018)
- 51st most passing yards in single season (3,128, 2020)
- Five 400-plus yard passing games (422 in 2020; 403 in 2021; 405 in 2021; 454 in 2021; 444 in 2021)
Stockton is oft compared to other Georgia greats Deshaun Watson, Trevor Lawrence, and Jake Fromm. In those comparisons, here are the numbers and how he stacks up against the all-time greats after four full seasons of play:
Gunner Stockton – 13,652 pass yds, 177 TD, 17 INT, 73% completion; 4,372 rush yds, 77 TD
Deshaun Watson – 13,077 pass yds, 155 TD, 29 INT, 64% completion; 4,057 rush yds, 59 TD; 22 rec yds, 3 TD
Trevor Lawrence – 13,902 pass yds, 161 TD, 21 INT, 63% completion; 707 rush yds, 11 TD
Jake Fromm – 12,745 pass yds, 116 TD, 25 INT, 61% completion; 594 rush yds, 7 TD
Currently, Stockton is first all-time in Georgia in passing TD (177), total TD (254), and total yards (18,024).
Gunner Stockton held 25 offers currently known (alpha order). Gunner’s last offer came from Oregon as he tweeted out on April 23! On July 30, Gunner tweeted out that he had narrowed down to his FINAL 2 – UGA and South Carolina! Then on August 20, 2020, Gunner committed to the University of South Carolina! Spurs Up!
UPDATE: On January 12, 2021, Gunner tweeted out that in the wake of South Carolina massively shaking up its coaching staff, he is re-opening his recruitment.
- Appalachian State
- Arkansas State
- Colorado State
- Georgia Tech
- Mississippi State
- North Carolina
- NC State
- Ohio State
- Ole Miss
- Penn State
- South Carolina (original commitment)
- Tennessee Tech
- West Virginia
VIDEOS & HIGHLIGHTS
SENIOR YEAR (2021)
JUNIOR YEAR (2020)
SOPHOMORE YEAR (2019)
FRESHMAN YEAR (2018)
FRESHMAN SEASON (2018)
Stockton’s freshman season saw him take over under center from game one on. The elite QB threw for 2,917 yards and 34 TD against 6 INT, completing 65% of his passes (190/291). He rushed for 709 yards and 17 TD on 105 attempts (6.8 YPC). He finished with 3,626 total yards and 51 TD.
He led the Wildcats to a fourth straight Quarterfinals run and fifth straight region championship while the team went 11-2. After losing his first start in a non-region game against Bremen at Georgia Southern, he rattled off 11 straight wins. The Wildcats averaged 46 points per game overall and were ranked #2 in the state.
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2019)
Stockton had a ridiculous sophomore year, throwing for 3,473 yards (26th best in state history) and 43 TD (12th best) against 6 INT, while rushing for 1,126 with 19 more TD. That’s a total of 4,599 yards on the year with 62 TD. He completed 72% of his passes (239/334), and averaged 6.6 yards per carry. In the region title game win over Union, Stockton rushed for an 8-yard TD that accounted for his 100th career touchdown.
He led Rabun to a #1 state ranking, a fifth consecutive Quarterfinal run, a perfect regular season, a sixth straight region title, and 12 wins overall. The team averaged 44.54 points per game.
JUNIOR SEASON (2020)
In the midst of a global pandemic, one thing remained normal – Gunner Stockton’s ability to win and put up big numbers. He amassed 71 total TDs and set new career highs in passing TD (45) and rushing scores (26), as well as rushing yards (1,581). He threw for 3,128 yards and completed 68% of his passes (213/317), tossing only 4 INT (3 coming in the last 2 games). He had 3 6-TD passing games and 5 games with 6 or more total scores.
He led Rabun to a #1 state ranking, a sixth consecutive Quarterfinal or deeper run, a seventh straight region title, and 12 wins overall. The team averaged 50.7 points per game in the regular season, putting them in the top five in state history. Rabun made the Semifinals. For a third straight season, Stockton earned the BLITZ Football Player of the Year award!
SENIOR YEAR (2021)
These numbers don’t lie – a 55:1 TD-to-INT ratio is just ridiculous. His 4,134 passing yards is the 9th most in state history in a single season, and his 55 TD throws ranks second. Both of those marks led the entire state in 2021. This season, he led the Wildcats to an 8th consecutive region championship and 7th straight Quarterfinals run. The 5-star UGA commit broke Deshaun Watson’s state records for all-time total yards and TDs, and broke Trevor Lawrence’s all-time TD passes mark. He finished just 250ish behind Lawrence in all-time passing yards.
Stockton closes his prep career as a top-5 national QB statistically all-time. Read that sentence again. There won’t be another like him in Georgia to put up these kind of numbers. At least not anytime soon. The 4-time All-American, 4-time Region Player of the Year, 4-time All-State Player, and now 4-time BLITZ POY also was an AJC Super 11 this year and was recently named Gatorade Player of the Year.
Photos courtesy of BLITZ, CrumpPhoto.com, Tom Askew, Courtney O’Brien, and Bobby Escoe. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need access.
AWARDS & HONORS
- MaxPreps Freshman All-American (2018)
- MaxPreps Freshman of the Year (2018)
- MaxPreps Sophomore All-American (2019)
- MaxPreps Junior All-American (2020)
- MaxPreps Senior All-American (2021)
- 3x MaxPreps All-State (All Classifications) (2019, 2020, 2021)
- AJC Super 11 (2021)
- 4x 1st Team All-State (2A) (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021) by AJC, GHSF Daily & RecruitGeorgia
- 4x Region 8-AA Player of the Year (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- U.S. Army All-American Bowl Invitee for 2022 (2018) *youngest ever invited
- Gatorade Player of the Year (2021)
4-Peat BLITZ Player of the Year (2018-21)
19x BLITZ Player of the Week
TWITTER – @GunnerStockton
INSTAGRAM – @gstockton14