Ok, to be fair we have not kept count every year to find out if this is true, but it just feels like so many this season have hit the career milestone of 1,000 career points. Seemingly moreso than any other season. Eleven individuals in our coverage area that we know of have hit the mark. As always, if we missed out on someone, please inform us and we’re thrilled to add them to the list (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are very proud of the following players who reached the plateau this 2017-18 season (in alpha order):
- Crawford Colwell – Union Co Panthers
- Jeremiah Crumley – Dawson Co Tigers
- Bailey Daniel – Union Co Lady Panthers
- Zach Davenport – Towns Co Indians
- Tevan Dixon – Rabun Co Wildcats
- Cullen Reed – Dawson Co Tigers
- De’Undra Singleton – Stephens Co Indians
- Allison Smith – Banks Co Lady Leopards
- Kaylee Sticker – Dawson Co Lady Tigers*
- Georgia Stockton – Rabun Co Lady Wildcats*
- Nyah Williams – Tallulah Falls Lady Indians*
*Only a junior, which means they’ll add many more points next season as well.
Worth noting that Banks County senior Dylan Orr finished just short of the milestone – 930 career points. Others who are knocking on the door include Banks County rising junior Carl Cleveland and White County rising senior Austin Harris.